Tuesday, August 9, 2011

1st day of school

We have started back to school already!  Yay!!! 

Lily loves school, but 5 mornings a week (9-12) is going to be an adjustment...for all of us!  No more middle of the week trips to Atlanta!  :(  But she's definitely ready for it!   She's already wanting me to help her write letters, she wants to learn how to read...it's going to be a fun and exciting year for her!!  She was pretty stoked because she got to be "line leader" for the first week.  Score!!!

Verrrrry excited!!

I put Henry in the 2 year old class, two mornings a week, at the same church.  (Vineville Baptist)  We have been really happy with their school while Lily has been there and thought he might enjoy it too.  So far, my sweet boy is quite resistent to change and it's been a little rough...but I know he'll adjust.  It took him months before he wouldn't cry at the gym or church.  Par for the course for this little guy.  I think once he gets over that, he will have tons of fun playing and learning and doing fun crafts.  And he's already loved by all the staff since they all adore his big sister!  He's got it made!!  :)

2 comments:

Sharp Family Photos said...

Trying to figure out where that photo was taken then I realized they must have painted the ugly brown house next door. Makes a better view!! Henry's not alone in loving his ruts - a bit of that in all of us. :)

Brittany said...

What cute kids! Lily is so funny, I just love her fun personality. I bet she thrives at school. And Henry, he's such a mama's boy. It's so cute. I'm sure he'll warm up too. I love his little shirt.