Sunday, June 6, 2010

No More Passy!

We have been talking to Lily a lot about when she turns three she won't have her passy anymore. After much deliberation and discussion on how to ditch the passy, she pretty much came up with the idea herself. We recently visited the Library and picked out a Fancy Nancy book for the first time. She really liked the book so told me that she wanted to buy a Fancy Nancy with her passy. I figured the best place for that would be Toys R Us. Of course, they only had Fancy Nancy dolls at Christmas time, so after searching the entire store...she decided on a new baby, which she named Baby Nancy.


I told the cashier that we were paying for the doll with the passy. So Lily handed her her passy and the girl gave Lily the receipt. The deal was done. The passy was GONE!


We celebrated with Cold Stone Icecream after the store. Half blue, half pink, with lots of sprinkles!!!

That night, she cried for about 30 minutes for her passy. The next day for her nap, she asked for it a few times; but I kept reminding her that she gave it to the lady at the store and bought baby Nancy. She was sad, but did much better than I had anticipated. I think I about cried myself at the store when the passy was handed over!! But she has been a champ!!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I know it's so hard saying Bye to passys!!! But it means she's such a big girl!! What a sweetie and a lucky girl to have coldstone! ;)

Tami said...

I am glad that it went so well!! Nice job Lily!