Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Day 2009

Christmas morning at our house started around 6:45am (which is actually good for us!!) Lily was excited to open her gifts, and played with each one before moving to the next. That worked great for us, cuz then Andrew and I could open our gifts in between...


I told Andrew next year he better tell me when my hair looks like it's trying to fly away!


Later that morning, we headed up to my parents in Atlanta. Clarkes were there too! We opened gifts there and had a great dinner.
Lily is opening a "chocolate surprise" from Germany!

Andrew and Lily
Lily got an awesome "art box" from the Clarkes with fun things for art projects. She was so excited!!

Henry checking out his dumptruck from G&G


Hanging out on the couch.
I have to tell you, this year was wonderful! Henry still isn't moving much, so he was easy, obviously. But Lily played so well with her cousins, it was dreamy! Usually, one of us seems to end up upstairs playing with her and the kids and doesn't get to chat or hang out with everyone else. But now she's getting old enough that she doesn't need or want us...it was fabulous! And she completely adores Ethan and Kaylin, which makes it even easier!

See what I mean? Easy!! :)

3 comments:

Tami said...

Yea! That looks like a perfect day! I am so glad that Lily had fun with her cousins and that Henry was so good. Cute picture of Henry sleeping!! I didn't think that your hair looked bad in that picture, it looked cute!

Meagan said...

How fun! I'm still cracking up about the flying away comment. I've definitely been there! Good thing we are always the most critical of ourselves. It's so fun that Lily knows some of her cousins so well and gets to see them often. Henry's blanket is adorable!

Brittany said...

What a fun day! I loved seeing more of you and Andrew! :) I hope Lily likes her art box!!!