Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Andrew had a work meeting at Sea Island, GA over the weekend, and I got to come along! Yipee! We dropped Lily off at MeMe and Poppa's house and we were "kid free" for a couple of days! Although the weather stunk and Andrew had work obligations in the mornings, I enjoyed sleeping in, watching mindless TV and reading my book. This is the view from our balcony; we were facing the marsh.


One of the only pictures I took of our room..sorry it's so dark.


Sunday we went and picked up Lily (my in-laws live only about 15 minutes away) and brought them and Lily back to Sea Island for the afternoon. Sea Island is a private island for residents and guests only so it was fun to show them around. The Cloister Hotel is amazing...there's nothing else that compares!


Checking out the birds in the "Solarium"


Sitting in George Bush's seat from the G-8 Summit table

Out on the beach Sunday afternoon...we actually had a little bit of sun!


Lily had a great time playing in the little tidepools on the beach. I wasn't expecting the sun so we didn't come very prepared. This outfit ended up completely drenched and we had to go buy a Sea Island T-shirt that was way too big and looked more like a dress...but atleast it was dry.


1 comment:

Tami said...

I am so jealous! I would love to go to the beach. Looks like a really fun trip!! How nice that you had time without Lily and then got to play with her for a little while too.