Friday, January 6, 2012

Tears

This is my first blog post without a picture, but I wanted to document these two stories.

Lily has been asking a LOT of questions about heaven lately.  We've talked about how your body stays here but your spirit goes to heaven.  She has concluded that your spirit gets to heaven in a hot air balloon.  I don't really know what else to say about that one.  Anyway, in the car the other day, she told me she wanted to take her blanket and monkey to heaven...her most favorite things in the whole world!  I told her she can't bring anything with her.  She was quiet for a while and I looked back and she had tears streaming down her face.  I asked her what was wrong and she sobbed that she would really miss her monkey and blanket when she went to heaven!

Henry got The Lion King movie for Christmas!  We haven't actually sat down to watch it yet.  Henry really isn't in to TV yet so we've watched about 5 minutes of it so far.  But tonight they wanted to watch a movie so I tried it again.  I LOVE this movie, but haven't seen it in years.  So we were kinda skipping through it and got to when Mufasa dies after the wildebeest stampede.  When Simba comes down to see if his dad is OK, Henry's little lip starts quivering and he starts to cry.  Lily of course pipes up that it's ok because he's in heaven...ah! here we go again!  :)  I must also mention that Henry also cried in Frosty the Snowman when Frosty melts in the greenhouse and Karen is sobbing over him.  Such a tender heart he has!! 

2 comments:

Brittany said...

They both have sweet tender hearts! So cute. I have to admit I cry when Mufasa dies too:)

Meagan said...

So so sweet!! What adorable kiddos!