Saturday, May 28, 2011

Labor Day at Sea Island

Every other year, Andrew's works at a doctor's meeting that is held at Sea Island, GA and I get to come along! This is an exculsive, members only island that has an amazing hotel (The Cloister), an amazing, uncrowded beach and several pools. We dropped our kids off at MeMe and Poppa's, who are in Brunswick - a short drive away. Andrew works at the meeting in the morning, and we have the afternoons and evenings to ourselves. Can I just say: Dreamy!?! We went out to dinner with Jason and Chrissy (Andrew's brother) and our friends Zac and Autumn another. It is such a great, relaxing time. We really enjoy it.



Sunday afternoon, we brought the kids over to play at the beach and swim in their great kid pool. We had so much fun! The kids both LOVED jumping in the waves! I even had to get out there with them because Andrew couldn't hold them both!!




What a fun weekend!


I remember the first time Andrew worked at this meeting, we were newly married. The other rep there told us that this would become our only vacation. I was so ticked. No way was this going to be our only vacation. Are you kidding me!? Now, I cannot wait for this trip. It might not be our ONLY vacation, but I'll take a weekend at Sea Island any day!!

3 comments:

Tami said...

That looks like such an amazing place! Nice job getting out in the water with your kids! What a perfect trip!

Brittany said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm proud of you getting in the water too :) Glad everyone had such a great time!

Brittany said...

PS Labor Day is in Sept...didn't you go Memorial Day?