Wednesday, October 7, 2009

St. George Island, FL

Meagan and Chris were visiting GA on their rounds of seeing family, so Mom and Dad, the Perdues, Clarkes, and us were lucky enough to go to the beach for the weekend to spend some time all together. It was SO much fun!!!! It was very hard to narrow down all of my favorite pictures, but here are some of them.
1st day on the beach. Yes, it is October and warm enough to be in bathingsuits!

Obviously, Henry didn't mind being at the beach.


Lily, collecting shells in her bag from Grandma. There were lots of shells on this beach so it was fun for the kids to collect them.


Henry and I

Brittany, Meagan (24 weeks pregnant), Mom and Me. One of the few normal looking pictures. Someone is pulling a face in the rest of them!


I had lots of baby holders...it was wonderful! Here's a rare moment when Mom got to hold my babe.


Getting ready for movie night

Meagan was my best baby holder...even though she was pregnant with her own! She'd always snatch him up...I loved it! And yes, poor Henry has pink blankets. He likes to be swaddled, and these work the best. Until I find something better...he gets pink!


Travis made sand mermaids...can you see the tiny shells for her chest? All the adults got a kick out of it. Lily was just having a blast!

I love, love, LOVE this picture. Lily seriously loves her "bubby". And bubby's mommy, and bubby's daddy, and bubby's baby.... :) She was his little shadow, and thankfully, he didn't mind. He has always been so sweet with her. I hope they stay like this forever.



Getting splashed on by the dads.

Some advice: Vacation is not the time to have your two year old sleep out of her crib for the first time. I had to use some "super nanny" moves to get her to sleep in the little closet. Andrew tried the "I'll lay down with you" technique...and took a little nap too!


Thanks so much, Mom and Dad, for a terrific weekend at the beach. What a fabulous idea, and a wonderful time.


2 comments:

Tami said...

That looks so perfect. I am glad that you guys had so much fun!! You are so lucky to be so close to the beach and to family. I am so jealous. Your kids are so cute!

Brittany said...

Yay!! I love cousins!!! Bubby and Lily were so stinkin cute. I hope it stays that way. He loves her so much. That really was fun, Travis and I keep talking about how enjoyable that was.