Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Salvation Army Bell

Our church group's service project this year was to ring the Salvation Army bell for a day.  We all took shifts; two families per 2 hours.  I was very nervous about this.  We were assigned a week day so  Andrew would be at work and I had the two youngest children in our group.  But my kids were rockstars and we made it the whole 2 hours!  I was so proud of them.  It was a cold, rainy day but we were under an awning and there was enough room for Henry to play around the front of the store (The Bass Pro Shop...again...it appears I frequent this store often, but this and Santa were the only two times I have been here in the last year!!)  It worked out great!!! 
Here are my kids with Kenley and Chloe Taylor.  The girls were great with my kids and helped keep them entertained!

Lily was awesome.  She rang the bell and would thank everyone that gave money and wish them a Merry Christmas!  She also passed out little candy canes to kids.  Her apron pockets were packed full of them!

5 comments:

Tami said...

Cool! That is awesome! Way to get your kids involved in service!

Tami said...

Cool! That is awesome! Way to get your kids involved in service!

Tami said...

By the way, I LOVE your new family pictures!! And did my last comment really post twice? I'm trying to comment from my phone and I hit the back arrow after my comment and I think that it posted it again.. Oops. :)

Brittany said...

Yay they did so good! Bass pro shop is an awesome place to sit at I think. So proud of them!

Meagan said...

Who could pass up giving money to sweet Lily?!? She is so adorable!! I'm glad your kids did so well and had a great experience serving the community.