Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Atlanta Children's Museum

We went up to the Atlanta Children's Museum today with my good friend Wendy and her kids, Gates and Avery. (Avery is only 9 weeks old, so she enjoyed the museum asleep in her carseat). Unfortunately, it was "free tuesday"...I say unfortunately because it was PACKED!! That caused quite a bit of stress for me watching my two kids who were interested in very different things. Henry wanted to stay put in once place most of the time and Lily wanted to dash around everywhere! Phew! But, we survived and the kids had a blast! It was a good day. And Wendy and I got to talk - mostly uninterrupted - on the car ride up to Atlanta! That doesn't happen very often!!
Lily and Gates on the tractor.


Henry, climbing up for a ride, too!


The painting wall! This was really cool...Lily would have stayed here a while if there wasn't such a long line of people waiting!!


Finishing her masterpiece!


Gates, working in the kitchen.

Lily, making "soup"...her new favorite meal to cook us.


Henry, in the toddler area...playing peek-a-boo in the tree

Lily and Gates fishing.

Moon sand (another popular station for Lily)

Hey Mom, can I throw this?


2 comments:

Brittany said...

so cute! the childrens museum is so fun for lily's age! i love her favorites too! crowded even with school back in session? sheesh! glad you had a fun time with wendy too!

Tami said...

That looks like so much fun! I want to paint on the wall!! I love it that Henry wants to throw everything. What a boy. So cute!